The version thirty patch made some major changes to the Abracadabra Lab making it FAR more useful than it was before! The almost important change is only requiring ane,000 Alkashards instead of 10,000 to go rising items, which is huge! If y’all read anything that says it isn’t worth it, it’s probably using that sometime information, because the Alchemy Lab is my favorite building!
(Updated in Feb 2022!)
What are Alkashards?
Alkashards are a byproduct of using the Alchemy Lab. When you utilise the lab, you become effectually 2 Alkashards per 60 minutes of use. So needing but ane,000 ways you can get the bonus every 20 days instead of 200! HUGE difference! When you employ your Alkashards, you lot get a selection between some random items: Emblems, 3 or (rarely) 4 star ascension items, or some battle items. Personally, I can utilise all the ascension materials I tin can get my easily on, so that’south what I go for. Hither’s my latest Alkashard Combine choice:
Is the Alchemy Lab worth it, though?
Information technology used to be pretty terrible, I’ll admit. But with that update, information technology’s really good! As well just using Alkashards, here are some other options:
- Turn materials into other materials (my favorite is changing Common Herbs into other 1 star or two star materials, which you can do at first level!) (My 2022 favorite is turning other 1s rise items into Risk Kits for Training Camp level ii. Just do ONE of EACH other item and you’re GUARANTEED to go the last item since an item can’t be given back!)
- Turn combat items into other gainsay items (I like to turn small heal potions into 2 star battle items like Axes or Mana Potions!)
- Plow ascension items into other ascension items. (I didn’t use to similar this, merely now I use information technology constantly! Turn a 4s rising item into a different ane. When you lot take 12+ of an detail and nothing to apply it on, this is such a nice use of the Alchemy Lab!)
Ok, I’g sold! How does it work?
You need to take Stronghold level 23 to get it, so it’southward pretty advanced. Convert a level 5+ edifice into the Abracadabra Lab and yous can research level one transmutations (which I would go ahead and practice the very offset i). Once you take that, you’ll want to upgrade to level five (at level 1-4 y’all only go 1 slot to apply, then 2 at level 5 and 3 at level 10). This is why yous research level 1 right away. Then at level five while y’all’re researching, you can get-go transmuting with your second slot! Of import – You are only able to research One recipe at a fourth dimension! So if you spring straight to level 10, you will still merely be able to use one slot at first!
What’due south the fastest way to get those awesome Alkashards?!
It depends… the absolute fastest is to go to level ten then you take the three slots. At that betoken, doing the right transmutations, y’all can go grand Alkashards every v days (without using gems)! If y’all’re similar me, though, and have limited food, I stopped at level v and am getting a pull every ten days. (For each level listed below, remember, each level has two options, A & B. So six would be the 11th and twelfth pick in the Lab and 6B would be the twelfth option.)
Fastest Alkashards: Practice Level 6B, 7B, 8B for about 1.5mil nutrient every v days and 1000 shards. Since 8B is every two days, you’ll have to look until 6 days for the first i, and so simply iv days for the next.
Efficient nutrient usage: 4B, 5B and 6B are the best to apply if you’re property back on food usage. And then yous can get two pulls in 11 days instead of 10, and you salve 700k food!
Fastest Level iv Ascent Items:
Besides Alkashards, if you’re looking for that specific 4s ascension item, y’all’ll need to get to level 10 and research 10A and 10B (and use a LOT of gems). 10A turns a iii* rising particular (like a Compass or Fine Gloves into a DIFFERENT 3* not-farmable ascension item with a 5% chance to become a iv* non-farmable ascension detail (like a Tome of Tactics). 10B turns a 4* into a Dissimilar four*. They also each requite 1050 Alkashards. So if you want one specific iv* item, yous tin can run 10A, 10B, and 8B and get an average of 2570 shards a calendar week (only besides cost 300gems/wk). On boilerplate, you’ll go your specific 4* detail one time every 5 weeks, give or take.
Only upwards to level 5: 4B and 5B are the fastest for Alkashards. 120 Alkashards every day merely running these 2.
My personal preference: I don’t only intendance virtually the Alkashards. I personally like 1A, 2B and 5B the best, then I only leveled up to 5 and got started! (In 2022, I have a level 10 Alchemy Lab I’chiliad still using 1A, but at present I’m finding 3A and 10B really useful well-nigh of the time!)
– 1A turns whatsoever 4 of whatever ane star crafting item into a random different one star crafting particular. I accept TONS of Common Herbs, so I use 4 of those. Since you can’t get the same item back, I get a random other detail to utilize for crafting. Additionally, if you demand sure i star items, like Crude Iron for Tornadoes/Arrow Attacks or Big Bones for Giant Harpoons, you tin can use one each of four items and get one of the iii remaining crafting items, since you can’t get the same item back! Really helpful!
– 2B turns 1 star boxing items into 2 star battle items. This turns ten Small Mana Potions into a random two star item! Axes! Mana Potions! This doesn’t only make Alkashards (4 every two hours), but also saves resources! Ten Modest Mana Potions is 5000 food and ten Mutual Herbs (plus the 3600 food from the transmute) and you tin can get a Mana Potion, which costs 21,500 nutrient and some iii star items! It’due south a neat savings!
– 5B turns the 2 star battle items into iii star items. I tend to get a lot of the Potent Healing Potions, simply rarely apply them, then let’s junk those and turn them into three star items! Heck yeah!
– (In 2022, I use 3A and 10B a lot. 3A gives me a guaranteed Adventure Kit every 3hrs by combining the other 3 options together. Since you tin’t get an ingredient back, I become a ‘Backpack’ every single time! And I have so many Mystic Rings, but no 5s reds that I desire to arise, so I plough 1 a week into something else. I’ve also had a lot of Damascus Blades without the paired Tome of Tactics. It’s nice to try and keep those pretty equal.)
Anything else I need to know?
There’s a great resource on the Empires and Puzzles wiki (Alchemy Lab post here), only information technology does accept a few errors, like you CAN remove from the queue if you add besides much. It gets updated pretty regularly, and then hopefully they’ll gear up that. It’s still a great resource if you desire all the nitty gritty. Also, level 10A&B crave gems to use, merely can brand 3* ascension items into NON-FARMABLE rise items, which is pretty huge (but also random and costs gems). I don’t spend much on the game, so this isn’t important to me, but it might be for you lot! Random is rough, but yous’re guaranteed to not get the same item back, and so that’s a bonus. (In 2022, I use this a lot! If you have the heroes, just not the rise items, it’southward all-time to use gems here instead of getting fifty-fifty More heroes that you lot tin can’t arise! I talk about this more than in my
tip for Efficient Precious stone Spending.
Accept whatsoever questions? Let me know in the comments!